When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

232 cases

pdnb

It appears that the ultimate 232 is DSN's dial, hands with Cartel's case, caseback, crystal, and crown. Anyone have any pictures side by side of cartel's case vs DSN's? I looked at both of the sites side by side and I "think" I see a difference (cartel being more square), but I can't tell if i am letting my prior knowledge fool me. Basically I am debating if I should get the DSN out of the box or commission an "ultimate". I do see differences in the caseback though and the crown does look more straight.

Thanks, pdnb

I would simply buy the Cartel version, and then buy the dial and hads from DSN directly. I really don't understand how people can charge around $500 for completed watches as the watch from the cartel is around $220 and the Dial and Hands are $60 from DSN. So it's about $300 for a very accurate rep.

I would simply buy the Cartel version, and then buy the dial and hads from DSN directly. I really don't understand how people can charge around $500 for completed watches as the watch from the cartel is around $220 and the Dial and Hands are $60 from DSN. So it's about $300 for a very accurate rep.

Milesd-

That sounds like sage advice, but I will need someone to do the switch for me. I agree $200 for the labor, does seem high.

Thanks,

pdnb