When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Question: Old PAM 196 (old case & dial)

AMK000

It will fit. I've got an old skool 188 (same case) with an ETA 7753 and a Lello date wheel.

Date sets at 10 and works perfect. Get yourself a Leo date wheel,t48 crown, some dsn hands, and you are looking good.

Put your name on Leo's list for his next run of 7753 wheels. His first run sold out immediately.

Jim

Thanks Jister and Bike Mike.

On the thread quoted , they are talking about a PAM 250 dial.

I am talking about a PAM 196. Dont have the same dial setup.

The question is if the std 7753 DW will fit correctly the 196 old rep dial or not.

What movement came in your old Pam196?

PAM 250, 196, 188, 251, it does not matter as the Date Window in the dial is setup in the same location relative to the type of movement used. If your dial is from a A7750 movement modified to the 7753 layout (3-6-9), it has the DW further inboard (smaller diameter DW). So if you put a A7750 dial over a Eta 7753 movement, the date window will overshadow the numbers.

You need a dial with the date window further outboard to accommodate the bigger diameter of the 7753 DW. That is what Pam 250 overlay is showing. A7750 window dial location to a Eta 7753 window dial location.

:drinks:

CASE

The case of an old daylight will fit an ETA 7753 with some minor modification (date wheel pusher mod).

HANDS

Best you look for hands from the low beat A7750. A bit of research here won't hurt. Something's to do with the hands' posts and stands.

DIAL.

Well documented problem that if you want a 7753 project, you are going to need a daylight dial for the 7753 movt specifically. Its got something to do with the location of the datewindow.

Cheers

S181

What movement came in your old Pam196?

You need a dial with the date window further outboard to accommodate the bigger diameter of the 7753 DW. That is what Pam 250 overlay is showing. A7750 window dial location to a Eta 7753 window dial location.

:drinks:

Old 21k beat 7750

(its an old PAm baught from River 5 years ago).

The old dial I am afraid will not do.

CASE

The case of an old daylight will fit an ETA 7753 with some minor modification (date wheel pusher mod).

HANDS

Best you look for hands from the low beat A7750. A bit of research here won't hurt. Something's to do with the hands' posts and stands.

DIAL.

Well documented problem that if you want a 7753 project, you are going to need a daylight dial for the 7753 movt specifically. Its got something to do with the location of the datewindow.

Cheers

S181

CASE: That's OK , have this

HANDS: OK too (old PAM from River)

DIAL:

• 2 weeks later...

Just received a 196 dial from Mary at watchinternational. It fits the ETA 7753 movement perfectly and has a correctly placed date window. I also bought hands at the same time. Mary can also supply the rest of the case etc. Shipping was quick, service and communication were excellent. It was my best parts buying experience to date.

Just received a 196 dial from Mary at watchinternational. It fits the ETA 7753 movement perfectly and has a correctly placed date window. I also bought hands at the same time. Mary can also supply the rest of the case etc. Shipping was quick, service and communication were excellent. It was my best parts buying experience to date.

Old or new setup 196 dial ?

Edited: 29/Nov: In act you facts there is no new setup 196. The new setup is the PAM 250

Just to clear up some confusion here

There are two different PAM Daylights (black dial) models.

The old one (O.PANERAI is not producing this any more) , so called PAM 196: PAM 196 (click to view)

And the new one , so called PAM 250: PAM 250 (click to view)

These are two different models and so not be confused.