When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

AP ROO RG Rubberclad Grey dial...are there 2 versions...?

silverspeed

I'm looking for the AP ROOsecs@12 RG grey dial and there seem to be 2 versions....:confused: Which seems to be strange 'cause as far as I know there's only 1 factory making these secs@12

first the gen

audemarsoffshorerose1_profilejpg.jpeg

If I look on Angus's site it looks to me the grey is too light and there appear to be subdial rings which I don't see on the gen

AP-2009-5-8-05-03.JPG

Here the grey dial from Polo wich looks to be much darker.....and it doesn't seem to have the subdial rings..

2009102512637986.jpg

Are my eyes playing tricks on me, or is it just the lousy and photoshopped pics that don't show the true colours of this AP ROO...??

Can anyone shed some expert-light on this please....:D

sigh....ordering reps can be tiresome:lol:

Yes.

Josh has 2 versions. The one with the subdial ring is the first one that came out, the dial is also inaccurate visually (the grey dial is much lighter). I bought that one.

Josh then updated the dial to become the correct darker grey.

I had Josh update my watch(the light grey) to the correct grey dial.

Mine was: http://www.jpc8118.com/aap10051-royal-chronograph-rgle-grey-a7750-sec12-p-5742.html

Mine now looks like : http://www.jpc8118.com/aap10052-royal-chronograph-rgru-grey-a7750-sec12-p-5743.html <---- Correct one