When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Link chrono bezel markings

jdkno

My Link chrono bezel has seen better days. I decided to take a cape cod to it, which worked pretty good and borderline great until I noticed it was starting to remove the painted numbers. So far only the 60 has been damaged and while that area of the bezel looks great the rest of it really needs the same attention which means in order to make the bezel look new again, all of the painted numbers will probably come off.

I was looking at it and the numbers do not appear to be engraved that deep at all. If I go ahead with the polishing how should I go about touching up the painted numbers?

I would usually just do the whole fill them with paint bit but it seems with them being as shallow as they are if I try to wipe the bezel face of any extra paint it is just going to pull the paint out of the numbers again.

Anone ever re-paint a link chrono bezel or have any tips from past experience with shallow bezel markings?