When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Using Advanced Search

PeteM

As a new user I am spending a lot of my time searching the information stickies here on the forum.

Its a lot to take in but things are starting to make more sense. However when I use the advanced search option and choose my keywords then select a forum then apply search the search still takes me to the whole forum, I have followed the advice for newbies by toad torrent and his links but I really dont know what I am doing wrong.

To be honest I am really struggling to find answers to a lot of my questions and I honestly dont know what I doing wrong. Even when I use the standard search option the keywords dont seem to be taken in order by the search tool ie, I type in 'identifying watch movements' or 'How to....etc' and I get every post mentioning the word movement not 'identifying' etc. In advanced I do the same not just on those key words but others I select the sub-forum such as Movement Q&A and the search comes back with posts talking about movements in the Rolex Forum or any other forum not selectedby the advance search.

I must be doing something wrong but to be honest I have never had this sort of problem searching in other search tool engines, so is it my use of jargon? I just dont know.

Any advice would be welcome as I dont want to keep posting questions when the answers are out there. And its difficult, for all of us I am sure, trying to get involved with the forum, learn about the rep world, learn about watches and all the nuances of the movements and their applications. and in turn balance this with work and family life and Football!!

Its just so frustrating given all that, to spend an hour searching threads without finding an answer and not knowing why. Any constructive advice would be appreciated.