When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Panerai Help

Netbook

Hi there fellow Panerai addicts,

I have had some problems in the past with my movement that were resolved by expert advice here and am hoping the same will happen again.

I have a 111 and while not sure of the numbers on the movement it is a swan neck with "panerai" stamped all over the pieces in tiny letters. It was a gift to me. I had been having problems winding the watch, the mechanism would wind then "slip" and I would spin the crown without success for a few turns till it "caught" again and continue. The problem worsened and eventually wouldn't wind at all. I asked for help and was told to adjust the tightness of the screws on various cogs on the back, this worked perfectly for a few days. Suddenly, it stopped winding all together, regardless of how long I spun the crown.

I took of the back, tried adjusting cogs all to no avail, and no even when I wind the watch using the cog with the back off and then replace the back there is no movement at all. The watch simply refuses to move at all. I am not sure if I can fix it or if something is damaged beyond repair at this point. Any experts on Panerai rep movements your opinions are welcome. Also anyone having had similar problems I would love to hear what happened.

I may just take it to a jewler, but for reasons of it being a replica owuld really prefer a sloution one of you could offer me.

Thanks

Netbook

It sounds like it's time for servicing. You'll need to find a watchmaker friendly to reps...a bit of a pain ...but required here. I remember hearing Zig talk about a solution to something like this...can't remember what...might be the click is disengaged or something. I'll see if I can dig up the post when I have more time.