When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I got my watch back from USPS

siger125

last year i sold a rep here...send it to the UK and it vanished... i thought i was out a watch but apparently no...

almost a year later i received a phone call from the local USPS to come see if it is my watch...and it is....

Thanks usps :) even if it is a little late.

Anyway...now i need to resell it :)

this month usps lost my iwc big pilot 5004 on it's way back from complete modification (cheif ar, vac datewheel, lume, etc.). i am so bummed as i've been waiting six months for this project to be complete. the worst part is that the shipping was only about 200 miles within florida (kathleen to fort lauderdale). anyway, i'll keep my fingers crossed for an outcome like yours ... thanks for posting!

Guest techlogik

A friend of mine got a letter from USPS inside a plastic bag...the letter was burned all around the edges.

Somehow it was in a fire of some type while in their posession?!?!

We were guessing the guys loading the truck at night were sparking up some doobage..and it got out of control...haha...

But he got it...too funny.

Glad you got it back.

wheaton: don't tell me that stuff...I got a modded 3717 coming with the works from Vac, and just sent a DSSD for some work today to him. :bicycle:

The people at the post office today looked a little frazzled and the line was out the door....please make it postal gods!!!

wheaton: don't tell me that stuff...I got a modded 3717 coming with the works from Vac, and just sent a DSSD for some work today to him. :bicycle:

well let me first state that this was not vac's fault. my package was tracked all along until one day it just stopped. after a few days idle, i started to inquire and they finally agreed that the package had gone missing and could offer me nothing as there was no insurance on the package. vac has offered to redo the work for me at no charge, but it was obviously a very disppointing day. the only bright side is that i removed my oem big pilot strap before i shipped it out. anyway, this is the first time i've had a package go missing but insurance would not be a bad idea. all the best.

update on january 7th, 2010 ...

unbelievably it arrived today! it was shipped on november 7th and arrived exactly two months later. wow. vac was as happy as i was to hear the news. happy new year!