When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My Sinn U1 after I've increased the brake pressure and reassembled (video)

fijikid

So I wanted to stop the stutter and to do that I removed the winding bridge to access the brake. To get the winding bridge back on, I needed to remove the balance [censored] so that I could nudge all the gear shafts to seat their ends in the proper jeweled pivots. Quite a little puzzle in there. Anyway - after much frustration documented below, I got it back together and it seemed to be OK until I wound it: :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I'm an idiot. Anyone know what I did wrong? (besides futzing with it in the first place. It was still fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YoCerwuIHc

You're close, MilSub. It might be the pallet lever if the pallet lever was even involved at this point. I discovered that the escape wheel is not making contact with the wheel just before it, so that the escape lever doesn't even get a chance to take part in the fun. Aligning the wheels in all their proper pivots is VERY tricky.

It seems to run a little fast :whistling: .

Could it be the pallet lever that's out of place? If it doesn't stop the escape wheel as it should I think the movement would do what yours is doing.

Picture and description of the pallet lever.