When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Which blue sub tt, 2008 or ceramic bezel and oversize case?

Smab

Hi! This is my second or third topic in this forum so far, but it has been a helpful year beeing here so far. I have no Rollie from before, I have a SFSO swiss ETA and double AR (blue dial), a Concord C1 and a PAM225 with an off-the-forum dealer 26MM lug with steel bracelet polished and satin combo. A beast of 280grams.

Now I want a watch to go with a suit and dinner jacket.

I need some expert and advice and possibly from someone who has dealt with both of the models I am refering to:

Our trusted dealer PC carry one blue tt sub made by Noob Factory, updated with 2008 model serial no's at rehaut and engravings RolexRolexRolex around.

With the Asian Clone ETA 2836-2 it is just over 200USD. The other one I am considering, at 10USD more, is the newest edition, with a slighty bigger case (oversize case, 2009 update model Submariner with ceramic bezel) - from the pictures I can tell the 2009 has a bigger case, especially the lugs are thicker. IMO it looks rather bulky, whereas the older model looks more slick, and streamlined, almost like a comparison between a Volvo and a Ferrari :rofl:

Both of them have 18K plated tt case and bracelet, but the 2009 model seems to have a more realistic pearl, as far as I can tell from the pics, anyway.

I am not willing to pay another 100USD for the 14K wrapped 2008 model, or similar for the 2009 Model with Swiss ETA. I frankly do not trust the movement to be a genuine ETA from all info I have found on the forum. They charge you 80-100USD extra for Swiss ETA, compared to Asian Clone.

And, how much better is the 14K wrapped bracelet on the 2008 model, than the regular 18K? No option on 14K wrapped on the 2009 model, though, and it is about 30USD cheaper with the same swiss ETA, than the 2008 14K triple wrapped. But if you choose the 2008 with Swiss ETA and 18K bracelet, you save 80USD, and end up paying only about 40USD more than the same version with ASIAN Clone ETA. If I were to choose the 2008 non-ceramic bezel, is it best value for money with Swiss ETA and 18K plating or go all the way and strip it down to 18K and Asian clone. I am not willing to pay well over 300USD for swiss ETA and 14K wrapped. Oh, it is damn hard to choose on my own, hope for some good advice out there... :unsure: