When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Regulate Gen IWC 79320

Guest techlogik

Guest techlogik

It has the moveable arm like the A7750...but there is a screw that goes through that mid-way.

There is a + - right on each side of the screw going through the arm.

How to properly adjust this to increase/decrease?

Thanks

1042ec7.jpg

Damn...I just Googled the hell out of it...I forget the name of that type of screw... Trivolis screw or something like that?

I think it's left to speed up and right to slow down but I'd wait for an expert on this... and you turn the black screw that's in perpendicular to the [censored] if I recall...

I'm getting a bit closer... here are movement diagrams: http://www.horomundi...read.php?t=4725

AH HA! FOUND IT:

http://www.timezone..../horologium0033

Bam!

"Following the service, regulation with the Triovis (Triovis! That's the word!! -S) adjuster and movable stud carrier was carried out. As show at left, gross adjustments of rate are made by moving the regulator itself (red arrows). Very fine rate adjustments are made by turning the Triovis screw (at the orange arrow), which moves the regulator in very fine increments. Beat is adjusted by moving the stud carrier (blue arrows), which shifts the outer attachment of the spring. Following service, regulation of rate and beat produced the following figures."

So I know you don't wanna mess with the beat... you'll probably just need the Triovis...

See the picture midway down!

Guest techlogik

Good find. So it seems similar then for gross adjustment to move the entire arm.

Otherwise, I need a watch expert with equipment who knows how to properly regulate it....a tad more complex than just moving the arm on the a7750 or a screw on the swiss 2836 it seems. At least it has the ability for more fine adjustment for beat/rate/amplitude. Need equipment for that.

But in principle, what I have been doing should be working. It's keeping within 2 seconds a day right now...from what I can tell comparing it to my computer clock.

Thanks...bookmarking that one.