When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Planet ocean help

Gajen

Hi im new to the whole replica scene

Im looking to buy a UPO 45.5mm in black. I was just wondering if there was any difference between the asian 2824 clone movement and the swiss ETA 2824-2 movement. Is it worth the money to get the swiss one and how is it better?

Much debate about this lately. Unless the dealer you're buying the watch from "guarantees" that you will get a genuine ETA movement, you will likely get an Asian clone movement, or a hybrid. Watches you buy from BK are going to be gens.

Everyone will have their personal opinion, but I buy the Asian clone when given a choice. I just ordered the watch you're getting, and it will come with an Asian clone movement.

Both can be serviced and spare parts are available for both.

Much debate about this lately. Unless the dealer you're buying the watch from "guarantees" that you will get a genuine ETA movement, you will likely get an Asian clone movement, or a hybrid. Watches you buy from BK are going to be gens.

Everyone will have their personal opinion, but I buy the Asian clone when given a choice. I just ordered the watch you're getting, and it will come with an Asian clone movement.

Both can be serviced and spare parts are available for both.

oh cool thanks for your help! i was looking to buy from prowatch polo. You think they will be fine?

Hi im new to the whole replica scene

Im looking to buy a UPO 45.5mm in black. I was just wondering if there was any difference between the asian 2824 clone movement and the swiss ETA 2824-2 movement. Is it worth the money to get the swiss one and how is it better?

yeah you will probably get a Asian clone no matter what you pay so pay for a Asian clone whistling.gif

It depends on finances and preference to ETA vs. Clone.. but the UPO is great in that you have such a choice of genuine parts to mod them.

this is the rep. standard rep AR ..

upogenrep011.jpg

this is the rep with a gen dial, crystal, tube/crown...(which is sop for function, the rep crown is problematic)

upogenrep012.jpg

Notice the faint blue hue on the genuine crystal

upogenrep008.jpg

This is a franken also, gen dial, tube/crown.. but with a chief coated AR.. totally invisible like the UN's

Chiefs AR is the best on the Planetor in the known universe..

upogenrep019.jpg

I like the black dial.. but the "Pumpkin" with the Orange is the Planet Ocean that is most advertised.

I like it on the ss bracelet.. I had it on the orange divers strap... looks good for the beach .. but a bit Halloween-ish

in everyday wear

upogenrep005.jpg

the most reflection you will get from a CT AR is a very faint plum hue

upogenrep024.jpg

upogenrep026.jpg

upogenrep027.jpg

so if you do decide on the Asian Clone you can always source the ETA later.. and the gen parts can be gotten from Ofrei..

AC/Lani