When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Real Rose Gold?

ilovewatch

I have seen some AP dress watches in real gold but they used to be around $1,500. Now that gold is through the roof probably more. None of the sports watches would be available in solid gold as far as I know, but even if they were the cost would be far too high now that gold is over $1,100/Oz. The gold plating on the higher end reps is pretty good these days. Should last many years with proper care.

I have seen some AP dress watches in real gold but they used to be around $1,500. Now that gold is through the roof probably more. None of the sports watches would be available in solid gold as far as I know, but even if they were the cost would be far too high now that gold is over $1,100/Oz. The gold plating on the higher end reps is pretty good these days. Should last many years with proper care.

I understand that its at $1,000 an oz, but I'm sure not only I demand a watch which is all gold. I collect many authentic pieces, but I cannot always travel wearing watches that cost me $10,000+ but if a watch would cost me $1500 and the real version would cost $45,000 I see the advantage.

Not for $6k. It says 18k bu who knows. Their 18k could be like their 316L. I would rather see a low carat solid gold rep like the old two tone watches they used to make. They take a solid 3k core and wrap it with a 10k outside like gold filled jewelry. I have reps made like this that are 5 years old and still look brand new. Paul @ abay or womart used to call this solid 18k or 14k center links. Why not a whole watch or just do it in 9k? Half the price.

Either way there is no more than 100 grams of gold in the watch and scrap price on that is about $2,600 today so with normal retail markup I can see a $6k price. many gens I could spend $6k on though.