When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM050 project - need advices

shultz

Hi,

I just dug some old school PAM50 parts out of my junk box and want to build up a PAM50 C series.

I have a few questions to the forum and would be happy for your thoughts.

1) Dial and hands have been re-lumed by Rob two or three years ago. So I want to stay with that set. But is the printing below 6 correct for C series?

iodfrn.jpg

2) The rep DW shows a quite bolt font as you can see from the pic below. I already ordered a takashi DW for 7750 but I am not sure if this will make a big difference.

2ev5i54.jpg

3) Here is a pic of the mag. Not a big improvement compared to the pic above. What do you think? Probably I should go for a lens swap. I have two lenses in stock with different diameters. As far as I know one is from the watchmen the other

Yikes! The date font looks hideous. How long have you had these parts laying around? Do you think it'll be cheaper to just buy a new watch and start fresh?

The DW looks fine. Did you by any chance swapped in a Lello's DW?

Well, because most of the old school PAM48/50 rep had the wrong DWs which are too thin.

If this is the original stock DW, then congrats. I don't think you need to replace it.

The DW font do not blow up bigger because the rep cyclop lens magnifying power is weak. I think this is the only thing you need to mod.

The caseback looks great and "C" series is correct with "L Swiss L" dial. Good luck.

This is a fine looking watch which will grow on you each day.

Here's mine

4236863213_a66dde0cb0.jpg

Gen pic

4237637884_9f28f10ded.jpg

Edited by jitai

The DW font do not blow up bigger because the rep cyclop lens magnifying power is weak. I think this is the only thing you need to mod.

Here's mine

4236863213_a66dde0cb0.jpg

Gen pic

4237637884_9f28f10ded.jpg

Thanks for your input. I bought my watch years ago. IMO it was the first batch of PAM050 reps and I never swapped the DW. Funny that I purchased this from Paul/ Pam111/ watchmart or however he used to call his enterprise until it was down and came back with a new website :lol:

I will see how takashi's DW is. Should arrive within the next week. If the printing is sharper I will do the swap.

May I ask you where your lens came from. I guess I would be fine with that magnification as well.

Due to the C series: Did the gen watches came with ar?