When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

6263 advice!

OmegaPOFL

Ever since i saw this pic. of HikeUSA's daytona 6263

(hope he doesn't mind me using it! it's such a good pic)daytona2.jpg

i've been wanting a daytona just like this.

I don't really know anything about 6263's. I know Spinmaster uses a 7750 movt, but takes out the auto- winding(?) mechanism and makes it a handwind, like the gen.

(doesn't that cause wear in the long run??) i don't care if it's that close to gen.. so an A7750 is fine for me (can a swiss 7750 be put in that configuration?) Spinmastes's 6263's costs around $600.

I can either get the A7750 with working sec. @9

OR

get the copy of a lemina (sp?) movt. with faux sec. @ 6.which is better? or more durable in the long run? I'm thinking about spending somewhere in the $400 range (obviously for a A7750, i'll buy a swiss 7750 later-if it'll even work)

So can i get a really good 6263 rep for that much?

also, is David Wong the best guy to go to for cases? can he make a whole watch for me?

some pics of gens.. also is there white and silver dials??daytona_6263_attrib.jpg1-Rolex-6263-BP-LCW-1-HR.jpgsilver dial?Rolex%20Daytona%206263.jpgI know there are some very knowledgeable daytona ppl here, and i hope you guys can give me some advice!