When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Us Customs Delay

thomasng

I was wondering if US Customs delays are the norm for people around here....

I'm asking this because I sent a genuine AP 15300 (Watch only) to a buyer in the United States on August 30th by EMS from Hong Kong, and it's been stuck in Customs at JFK since 8:00am August 31st at JFK.

What I'm worrying about is I underdeclared the Customs at the request of the buyer and wrote "Broken Clock for Repair and Return to Sender" with a value of $250.

Any thoughts are appreicated.

:)

I'm asking this because I sent a genuine AP 15300 (Watch only) to a buyer in the United States on August 30th by EMS from Hong Kong, and it's been stuck in Customs at JFK since 8:00am August 31st at JFK.

What I'm worrying about is I underdeclared the Customs at the request of the buyer and wrote "Broken Clock for Repair and Return to Sender" with a value of $250.

Normal. Most likely it has to do with the fact that the USA is on a national holiday weekend and delays are slightly longer, or it has passed through customs and status has not yet been updated in the system. I have received packages at my doorstep while the online status said they were still in customs.

As far as I've heard US customs holds things for anywhere from a few hours to ten days..

-Kaneda

I just received a EMS package from Andrew in 4 days.

That tracking info is ALWAYS off--it will probabbly say in customs since Aug 31st a day after the watch is delivered.

I've never a problem w/ US customs after probably 50 watches/parts/repairs shipped. I had one problem w/ a watch clearing Chinese customs, but never US.

I'm just worried because 4 packages containing reps I sent on the 30th have all passed Customs and are on their way to their new owners, then again they all cleared Customs on the West Coast, the AP is stuck at JFK apparently.

I'm just worried because the gen I send with an enourmous value is stuck while the reps pass through.