When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

excelwatch.com

bristolmarc

Having come across excelwatch.com on another post I decided to take a look at what they had to offer. Now we all know many sites use pictures of 'originals' as there main pics, and we all know this does not bode well.

But being an eternal opptomist I checked out there selctions and notices an Oysterquartz hiding in the Rolex section...now this is a very rare rep of an excellent watch. I decided to push my luck and emailed them for furth pictures of this lesser spotted beauty. Quite to my surprise the reply was quick and 7 pictures were attached. 7 pictures...4 different watches and 2 were'nt even oysterquartz models but datejust's!

I thought i'd push my luck and request clarification...more pictures arrived, 7 pictures...all from second hand dealers websites...I emailed them back with links to the pictures they had used with the simple phrase 'BUSTED! and strangley haven't heard from them since...SO MY ADVICE...BE VERY CAREFULL OF THIS SITE...IT SMELLS WORSE THAN A 5 YEAR OLD STILTON!

I would love to know if anyone does come across an oysterquartz replica, and obviously if anyone has any good experiences with this site feel free to contradict me!

Original sources of the pictures they sent me

http://www.theoldwatchshop.com/rolpics/Dscn3586.jpg

http://www.timeandgems.com/zoomify.asp?catalogid=99&img=assets/images/watches/Datejust_Mens/2_Tone-Oyster_Quartz/rmdj2t031/rmquartz70809_band.jpg