When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Fake iphone and ipods from China

paneristi_man

Just want to put it out here that there are lots of fake iphones and ipods ,for that matter all forms of electronic devices including cameras that are fakes being sold through web sites from China. What irks me is that these companies claim that the good are original when they are not. At least for the dealers here selling replica watches there is some honesty that the items are just replicas.

Most of these websites are scam sites , so when you find a deal that sounds too good to be true, you have been warned.

These sites usually never accept payments from credit cards or PP, mostly either western union or money gram where there is no traceability.

Friend of mine bought some A/V Monster Cables for his new theater. Terrible picture from cable and DVD source, even tried another DVD player, even worse sound. Called Monster, after 15 minute phone call, a couple of e-mails showing the product he bought.....yep FAKE cables form China! I still can not get over that one!

If it is not nailed down, they will copy it. R&D in China = Receive and Duplicate.

Friend of mine bought some A/V Monster Cables for his new theater. Terrible picture from cable and DVD source, even tried another DVD player, even worse sound. Called Monster, after 15 minute phone call, a couple of e-mails showing the product he bought.....yep FAKE cables form China! I still can not get over that one!

If it is not nailed down, they will copy it. R&D in China = Receive and Duplicate.

Hi Mike,

Did your friend buy the cables from an online site or was that in a store? If it's through a store then we're doomed....

pan man

Hi Mike,

Did your friend buy the cables from an online site or was that in a store? If it's through a store then we're doomed....

pan man

Online. Funny thing was he only saved abut $75 on about $500 worth of cables. If there were form a store, There would be huge repercussions from the manufacture I am sure. Could see all kinds of lawsuits for violation of licensing agreements and such.

The ironic thing is, my buddy came up and patented a utility cart that has been doing well for him. Paid for R&D and all the tooling out of his own pocket. He took one of the first production units to a couple hardware stores to see if they would be interested in carrying his product. One of the owners told him

I bought some cables, also the Monster model.

Quality was good even in 1080p, and for the price I paid i was sure it had to be fakes.

The cable was quit well manufactured and looked very high quality.

If you buy an Ipod touch clone (smaller then the original) you get nice device with very good sound, but they rip you off as they advertise it as a 16GB device.

It is however a 2Gb device that will be seen by Windows as 16GB (they tinkered with it) and FAT does not really format so even after format it says 16GB.

You can copy 16GB on files on the device, but it will start rewriting each time it reaches 2GB but will not erase if from the directory.

So it seems the data is still there but it is gone (overwritten).

You end up having 14GB of lost (it says corrupt) files.

They also do it with 16GB SD memory cards, same thing, they are only 2 or 4GB but Windows or your camera sees them as 16GB.

You can download a program they made for checking this fraud : H2testw

These goods are sold often from Hong Kong, not China.

For all the people looking for cables, please go to monoprice.com

I bought all my speaker wire, hdmi and optical cables from them. Variety and quality are amazing and prices are unbeatable. Shipping prices are fair. Customer service is great (live chat).

Monster cables are overrated. You just pay their marketing.

just my 2 cents

Edited by fitipaldi