When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Stripped Crown Threads

TenJed69

I have a V2 Chronomat Evo. The crown slowly started to get harder to screw back in, it would 'slip' out and not stay stuck in, taking a couple of tries to get it to stick. Finally it stopped sticking at all and now cannot be screwed in.

My first question is, how can I tell if it's the stem that has stripped, or the threads in the case itself? Secondly, if it's the stem, can I order a replacement stem somehow? I'm looking to buy a second BCE so I'd like a couple on hand in case this happens again. Presumably I can then take it to the watchmaker in town and he can replace it (he's fixed a rep movement for me before).

Thanks.

It is more then likely the crown tube as the rep threads are very poor and not cut deep enough

Ask you dealer for a replacement tube. Any watch maker should be able to unscrew the damaged tube and install the new one. This is really a simple fix. Eventually the new one will go as well. You really need to take care when unscrewing/screwing the crown in.

:drinks: