When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Narikaa 42mm PO Movement Replacement

dovo1695

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone has come across a good source for replacement movements for the 42mm PO. I've been wearing mine non-stop since I purchased it last April and it has started acting up. I've read that the DG2813 movements from Cousin's won't work because the stock movement has a recessed cannon pin. I've read that Ajoe has some movements that will work, but he's only one man. There must be hundreds of us who bought a Narikaa PO who would like to have a backup movement or 2. In my case, I love this watch so much I might just buy 3!

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone has come across a good source for replacement movements for the 42mm PO. I've been wearing mine non-stop since I purchased it last April and it has started acting up. I've read that the DG2813 movements from Cousin's won't work because the stock movement has a recessed cannon pin. I've read that Ajoe has some movements that will work, but he's only one man. There must be hundreds of us who bought a Narikaa PO who would like to have a backup movement or 2. In my case, I love this watch so much I might just buy 3!

ETA 2789 on mine but with a diferent dial. You will have to check out the stem/movement face distance (too small on the 2824).

Milomega2.jpg

Thanks Luso!

I'll keep an eye out for an ETA 2789 at a reasonable price.

By way of further update, I have partially figured out what was going wrong with my watch. I think I was screwing the crown in too tight after setting the time. The primary symptom was that the watch was keeping terrible time (hours lost per day). On occasion, when I would look down at the watch I would see that it had stopped altogether. I noticed that when I would unscrew the crown to reset it, the watch would start again. I wasn't sure if the watch was stopping and starting intermittently at random or if my unscrewing the crown was causing the watch to restart. I experimented a bit, and found that unscrewing the crown invariably restarted the watch. When I reset it the last time, I screwed the crown 1 half turn from being fully screwed in. My watch has been keeping perfect time ever since (2 days)!

Is this just a crackpot theory or is there a reason that fully screwing down the crown (hand-tight) would cause the watch to stop?

Dovo

Edited by dovo1695