When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Vc Overseas White Dial

HauteHippie

I've seen it mentioned that the white dial VC Overseas is a fantasy rep. VC's website (which is very unverbose) on pictures black and silver (not available as a rep) versions. Yet, here, I see a white dial for sale from what appears to be a legit dealer: http://www.essentialwatches.com/listing_de...mp;itemID=10990

I'd certainly like to add a white dial watch to my collection, and the 1:1 VC Overseas is definitely on my shortlist anyhow. But fantasy reps aren't for me. Anyone know for sure on this?

The silver dial is the white dial. Technically, the "Silver" dial is a white dial, but the difference is that it has a kind of glitter, some kind of iridescense, which seperates it from a flat white dial. In pictures, this iridescent effect is not captured, you have to go to a VC dealer to actually see this. I highly doubt the repmakers have imitated the depth of the genuine's dial.

This is true for watches like the AP ROyal Oak as well, where I have a 15300 with a "White" dial, but it shimmers in the light like it was silver.

The silver dial is the white dial. Technically, the "Silver" dial is a white dial, but the difference is that it has a kind of glitter, some kind of iridescense, which seperates it from a flat white dial.

Interesting because the silver dial on vacheron-constantin.com looks very different than the white dial on that essential-watches website. Maybe it's just the lighting in the photos... So, anyhow, the question remains as to whether or not the replica white/silver dial is accurate or not. Any idea?

Edited by chieftang

Sach's pic looks pretty dang close to this pic of the gen to me (dial wise anyhow). Being the picky bastard that I am, I just gotta wonder if there's a rep out there with a slightly bigger cross under the 12. :)

112653-23584.jpg

Logo shape is a well-known flaw for this model !

Replace the smaller crown on this 42mm version with the larger cross on the last 40mm version. I have not done it myself but another forum member has said he did it. On the white/silver version the rep dial is excellent and very close to the gen. I went to an AD and compared. It does provide the similar "shimmer" effect and is a very unique dial. It is the same silver dial as the last 40mm version. The black dial is excellent as well. The one I have (from another forum member) came with both black and silver dial. Beyond the small cross and datewindow (which is off more in terms of shape than placement) it is an excellent rep. The case and bracelet is damn close to 1:1. I am reasonably picky and it is one that I would feel comfortable wearing anywhere other than a VC AD. :)

Replace the smaller crown on this 42mm version with the larger cross on the last 40mm version. I have not done it myself but another forum member has said he did it. On the white/silver version the rep dial is excellent and very close to the gen. I went to an AD and compared. It does provide the similar "shimmer" effect and is a very unique dial. It is the same silver dial as the last 40mm version. The black dial is excellent as well. The one I have (from another forum member) came with both black and silver dial. Beyond the small cross and datewindow (which is off more in terms of shape than placement) it is an excellent rep. The case and bracelet is damn close to 1:1. I am reasonably picky and it is one that I would feel comfortable wearing anywhere other than a VC AD. :)

Thanks for the info, looks like I'll have to get the silver dialed one myself now.

And just to note- I wore this rep into the VC boutique in Hong Kong about a month ago just for kicks, and the staff didn't notice anything, they just said "That's a nice watch you have already", and showed me any other VC's my heart desired. Never got called out once by other owners or watch dealers. I think we may be overestimating the ability of ADs to pick out reps. :)

BTW: I doubt that putting the crown from the 40mm version on the newer one is going to work. Remember the 40mm version had a pull-out crown and this one finally has the correct screwdown crown.

Ubi-

This one is truly top of the line. The dial and the finish is truly beautiful. Although it will never measure up to the gen (because they never do), I would prefer the 2006 rep to earlier Overseas gens. It is a much more unique watch.

By the way, if you decide it is a must have and are selling something... let me know. ;) I am loving my DW. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Ubi-

This one is truly top of the line. The dial and the finish is truly beautiful. Although it will never measure up to the gen (because they never do), I would prefer the 2006 rep to earlier Overseas gens. It is a much more unique watch.

By the way, if you decide it is a must have and are selling something... let me know. ;) I am loving my DW. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Thanks for sealing the deal kruzer. I don't think I'll be too picky about the cross on the dial because the date font is never gonna get fixed anyhow. :)

If you are looking for a mod, Silix will sell you the old dial with the correct cross.

On second thought, maybe I will be picky about that cross. ;-)