When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Advice for UK buyers

Eugene Speed

Hello to all, I'm new to the world of watch reps so please excuse my complete lack of knowledge on the subject!

I have always lusted after an Omega Speedmaster Pro 'Moon Watch' but always knew I would never be able to afford one. It was only after a friend of my father suggested he bring me back a replica from Thailand later this year that I started looking online to see if I could find such a thing. There seems to be a bewildering array of suppliers offering replicas at vastly differing prices, and I am also further restricted in that I'm in the UK and wary of ordering from abroad due to Parcel Force/HM Customs slapping duty and charges on top of my purchase. Can anyone offer some advice as to who to look at and who to run a mile from? I have a limited budget but still would like to get the most 'bang for my buck', and I'm not looking for 100% accuracy as I don't think any of my pals would be able to spot any 'imperfections'!

Any advice would be most greatly received, thanks in advance!

Hello to all, I'm new to the world of watch reps so please excuse my complete lack of knowledge on the subject!

I have always lusted after an Omega Speedmaster Pro 'Moon Watch' but always knew I would never be able to afford one. It was only after a friend of my father suggested he bring me back a replica from Thailand later this year that I started looking online to see if I could find such a thing. There seems to be a bewildering array of suppliers offering replicas at vastly differing prices, and I am also further restricted in that I'm in the UK and wary of ordering from abroad due to Parcel Force/HM Customs slapping duty and charges on top of my purchase. Can anyone offer some advice as to who to look at and who to run a mile from? I have a limited budget but still would like to get the most 'bang for my buck', and I'm not looking for 100% accuracy as I don't think any of my pals would be able to spot any 'imperfections'!

Any advice would be most greatly received, thanks in advance!

Reg/Narikaa. He's great. Try one of his Planet Oceans for 68 quid as a tester, they're brilliant.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks chaps, I actually ended up ordering a Moony from WatchEden. Probably the cheapest I could find at £55 including the postage, I was a little concerned about sending payment via Western Union (no credit card to use), so the cheapest option made sense just in case it was a scam. However, my Moony turned up today and I've got to say I'm very pleased with it. Admittedly the subdials are not quite spaced correctly but as far as I can tell from reading other forum posts this is a problem that most non-gen SMPs have. The subdials do not seem to actually have any function, but I wasn't looking for a fully-functional replica, just a nice watch that is easy to pass off as genuine to the untrained eye and wont cause me to weep uncontrollably should it get lost/damaged/stolen! It is nice and chunky to hold, and weighty too. The only other minus point is the inscription on the rear, where it says 'Flight-qualified by NASA for all manned space missions', there is no space between 'NASA' 'for' and 'all', so it looks more like 'NASAFORALL'. Again, not really too much to be bothered about but a detail that could have so easily been put right. Thanks to WatchEden.com for a very good service, they let me know when my payment had cleared and when the watch was posted, including the tracking number. I will definitely be using them again, hopefully when the much-awaited new generation Moon Watch reps finally become avaliable!

Edited by Eugene Speed