When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

40mm Or Smaller - Please.

Can anyone point me towards any quality quartz reps that are 40mm or smaller? The more accurate to the gen, the better. Something Chrono would be nice (so the tick movement is not very visible), or perhaps something without a second-hand on the dial....

Any ideas...?

That's a tough call, but I'm thinking that something like the VC art deco piece would go over well. I think it's a sharp looking watch, and It doesn't look half bad compared to the gen. I think it's a winner based on the criteria you've laid out.

http://www.watcheden.com/vacheron-constantin-american-1921-ss-case-with-white-dial-arabic-marking-i-30494-p-1.html

:) - I'd have to start wearing a beret and call myself 'Serge' to wear that! :)

I'm not quite eccentric enough to pull that number off.

Thank you for answering me though - much appreciated

That's a tough call, but I'm thinking that something like the VC art deco piece would go over well. I think it's a sharp looking watch, and It doesn't look half bad compared to the gen. I think it's a winner based on the criteria you've laid out.

http://www.watcheden.com/vacheron-constantin-american-1921-ss-case-with-white-dial-arabic-marking-i-30494-p-1.html

Edited by Newbie

porsche design watches are 44mm but their quartz and pretty close to the gen.have a look at this one from joshua.

http://www.perfect-hour.com/00pd10013-6320-flat-chrono-ssru-black-swiss-251262-p-4339.html

i have small wrist too but 44mm is ok with me.

a quartz rep of a automatic chrono is usually not accurate as the subdials spacing is usually wrong.

a quartz rep of an automatic watch will not have smooth seconds hand. so best to get a rep of a gen quartz watch if you want to go down this path.or get a rep that has no seconds hand.

have you checked tag or breitling. they have quartz models.

Paneristi - do you know the names of any quartz breitling / tag watches off the top of your head?

I have found the aquaracer and golf professional - any others?

a quartz rep of a automatic chrono is usually not accurate as the subdials spacing is usually wrong.

a quartz rep of an automatic watch will not have smooth seconds hand. so best to get a rep of a gen quartz watch if you want to go down this path.or get a rep that has no seconds hand.

have you checked tag or breitling. they have quartz models.

P

Paneristi - do you know the names of any quartz breitling / tag watches off the top of your head?

I have found the aquaracer and golf professional - any others?

P

hi newbie,

look under the Watches for sale, member andy66 has those quartz watches for sale:

The other Tag that I know of is the Tag Mercedes SLR. Not very accurate. Another member has done a review of that ,please do a Search.

pan man.

Many thanks Pan man - though I'm after smaller watches (40mm or smaller) but grateful all the same...

Cheers.

hi newbie,

look under the Watches for sale, member andy66 has those quartz watches for sale:

The other Tag that I know of is the Tag Mercedes SLR. Not very accurate. Another member has done a review of that ,please do a Search.

pan man.

Newbie, there is a Carrera Chrono that is quartz, nice looking piece, real accurate and only about 41-2mm if I remember rightly.

Also the Tag F1 quartz is stunning, pretty much perfect to the gen other than a colour code number on the caseback and comes in at 40mm. It also uses the same Swiss quartz movement as the gen, even down to the same battery!!

I have both if you're interested?

Also, Fakeys Cartier suggestion is very good, the pasha Seatimer is 40mm and real close to the gen. But that is an asian 21j auto. Still I'm sure WatchEden or TimeShops would do quartz versions of them. Just don't expect anywhere near the quality of the auto's or the Tag's.

Sixx :bones:

Sixx - further to our PMs, just wanted to say thank you for making contact. Would be good to see some pics/links for future reference, as there are plenty of Carreras around with different designs.

Newbie, there is a Carrera Chrono that is quartz, nice looking piece, real accurate and only about 41-2mm if I remember rightly.

Also the Tag F1 quartz is stunning, pretty much perfect to the gen other than a colour code number on the caseback and comes in at 40mm. It also uses the same Swiss quartz movement as the gen, even down to the same battery!!

I have both if you're interested?

Also, Fakeys Cartier suggestion is very good, the pasha Seatimer is 40mm and real close to the gen. But that is an asian 21j auto. Still I'm sure WatchEden or TimeShops would do quartz versions of them. Just don't expect anywhere near the quality of the auto's or the Tag's.

Hey Newbie, my pleasure mate, we all need help from time to time, that's why this place is so good!!

The Carrera I was talking about is the same as this one, , except that it's slightly smaller and thinner and has closed caseback. But looks exactly the same as the one on the sales thread linked.

Excellent spots - really like the Longines Grand Classiques. Thank you! Hope to try one on at an AD v soon.

Just tried the gen one on yesterday. I swear I could have done a switcheroo on the salesguy. It was an EXACT copy as far as I can tell.

was thinking of selling mine, but will probably keep it now.

In fact the gen is quite cheap to own too. $1200 CDN less 20% right off the bat.. Could have negotiated probably another 10% if I plopped down cash on the counter.