When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Planet Ocean - different bezels

Infernal

Hello I have question about two types of different bezels on Planet Oceans, as Im in process of picking up my first Planet Ocean replica I just want to know if is there reason why some models have diferend shaped bezel and if it can idicate overall quality of replica.

PObezel.JPG

On the left side the serrating of the bezel stands out and by my opinion disturbs whole line of the case, on the right side is the version that i like.

ps. I know that next question belongs propably elsewhere but I will post it there: Because i have small wrist Im propably going for the 42mm version, so is possible to get something as 42mm UPO, Im not loking for swiss movement i just want nice exterior.

Edited by Infernal

With regards to the gen 42mm, the coin edge is correct-

IMG_4963.jpg

IMG_4969.jpg

IMG_5488.jpg

The scalloped edge bezel would be more correct for the 45mm PO in terms of comparing to gen.

If you prefer one over the other based on aesthetics alone, it makes no difference what's correct or not. If you're looking for accuracy comparing the replica to gen, the coin edge would be the one to get for the 42mm model...

If you like the scalloped bezel, Narikaa sells a nice, low cost asian movement PO with that particular bezel fitted. For the money, it's a great value...

hackr's review on his narikaa PO:

Linky.

Im looking for the smoother version without the "overedge". Im not looking for exact form as genuine. I just want the watch that will be decent and looking good without noticable flaws, differences between rep and gen doesnt bother me att all.

As you propably saw, Im fresh newbie here can u please post there or PM me links for Narikaa shop, thanks.