When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

SMP 300 misaligned bezel inser quick fix.

bedbug

Jusr received my first rep (the first in a series of many). I have a few constellations and Seamasters fromI collect old omegas from the 50's and 60's but nothing more modern so I'm not really qualified to review it in terms of accuracy compared to the gen. But I really love this model and I'm actually planning on buying a gen as well. I think the He valve is wrong and I'd say that the date window is a bit too small as is the typeface on the date wheel. And of course the bezel insert is misaligned.

post-3396-126462272118_thumb.jpg

I read about how to fix this by removing the bezel using your nails and tried this with no success. However I always keep my small screwdrivers sharp using a dremel.

post-3396-126462289386_thumb.jpg

By putting this in the small gap between crystal and bezel I managed to gently pry the bezel insert loose. Couldn't be easier. But be careful as not to bend on the insert. The original glue was still kinda sticky so i just put the insert back in correct (I think) alignment. Will probably secure it with a drop of glue later.

The result:

post-3396-12646231697_thumb.jpg

Sorry about the lousy pics. Hope this wasn't too ancient news and thanks for a great forum.

/BedBug