When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Help Finding Vintage ROO Rep

Ahky

You will NOT find this model with sec@12....this was only done by MBW as sec@9.

There are some members (2-3) that had this watch done as a Franken...they paid a fortune for parts and mods....but rare like hense teeth.

I do have the never-case model (as your pic shows) and the old-style-case model....only 5 have ever been made in the rep-world :D

Cheers

Theo

For me its the most georgeous dial AP ever made and MBW did a great job to replicate the color of the dial and the texture....from different angles and lights the dial shows all shade of blue to grey...wonderful. Here is a pic of my Old-School-MBW

post-334-126500050154_thumb.jpg

You will NOT find this model with sec@12....this was only done by MBW as sec@9.

There are some members (2-3) that had this watch done as a Franken...they paid a fortune for parts and mods....but rare like hense teeth.

I do have the never-case model (as your pic shows) and the old-style-case model....only 5 have ever been made in the rep-world :D

Cheers

Theo

For me its the most georgeous dial AP ever made and MBW did a great job to replicate the color of the dial and the texture....from different angles and lights the dial shows all shade of blue to grey...wonderful. Here is a pic of my Old-School-MBW

Thnx so much for ur advice. Can u tell me who/where MBW is? New to this forum. Thnx again.

Hello and welcome to this great and very informative place. I joined this community not long ago, and learned quite a lot in the last months about gen and rep. To answer your question, I copy the answer to the question I asked a couple of weeks ago:

"MBW= Mariah Best Watches (the name that is given to an specific manufacturer who in the past sold the watches by Mariah

MBK= a Big mall place, soping mall where the shop of MBW is allocated. "

I really suggest to use the advanced search option-it's a lot of reading, but also brings you new ideas and access to a couple of watches and members!

Enjoy, J

Hello and welcome to this great and very informative place. I joined this community not long ago, and learned quite a lot in the last months about gen and rep. To answer your question, I copy the answer to the question I asked a couple of weeks ago:

"MBW= Mariah Best Watches (the name that is given to an specific manufacturer who in the past sold the watches by Mariah

MBK= a Big mall place, soping mall where the shop of MBW is allocated. "

I really suggest to use the advanced search option-it's a lot of reading, but also brings you new ideas and access to a couple of watches and members!

Enjoy, J

Joreg,

thanks so much for the information. I really appreciate it. I spent the past 4 hours searching thte Forum and found out who and where he is located. Unfortunately none of the posts indicate how one could order. Is there a web-site? online catalog or something? how can I see what models he has? thanks again.

+ 1. Question is where to source the Dial? Maybe one of the member /dealer suppliers can rep. Thoughts?

For the Franken the only way is gen...source all gen parts and have them build inside an MBW case....spend over 3.000USD and ready you are.

Or you live with sec@9 but get a reliable and trustworthy movement plus excellent finish and a beautyful dial.

I love my grey/blue dials from MBW.....be it on bracelet with the modern case or on strap with the old style case.

Theo

For the Franken the only way is gen...source all gen parts and have them build inside an MBW case....spend over 3.000USD and ready you are.

Or you live with sec@9 but get a reliable and trustworthy movement plus excellent finish and a beautyful dial.

I love my grey/blue dials from MBW.....be it on bracelet with the modern case or on strap with the old style case.

Theo

Willing to spend it if I could find gen dial. Any suggestions? Thnx

Exactly....the project is on the backburner. Getting a proper case is a real challenge too. If I really wanted, I could just buy a blue dialed sec at 12 and slap on the gen dial, but where's the fun in that?

yeah baby...uuhhh

Thats what I was talking about ... talk the long road to Tipper....

This project needs time, before you sourced all needed parts you probably lost interest in it.

Best of luck finding everything

Theo

Edited by bosk