When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Are Either Of These Planet Oceans Worth Keeping?

bmedude

So a friend of mine recently came back from China and got me these two Planet Oceans. They look OK to me but the lume is horrible(as expected). The one on the left is a 45mm case and the one to the right is a 42mm case. Do you think either is worth keeping and modding? They both have asian automatic movements. She got me both watches for less than $140 for BOTH.

If I was to spend any money on these watches, it would definitely be to superlume the hands, dial and pearl. What do you guys think? Am I wasting my time and money or should I be adventurous.

If the pictures are too big, you could press and hold "CTRL" and use your mouse scroll to zoom in and out

post-26727-126550259814_thumb.jpg

Edited by bmedude

hi

i mean the dont look bad, but the hands are so short, i realy dont like it the asia date wheel looks also not good also the date window on the dial, but it depends on you mate, but i personaly would not spent money in these two, may you can sell them and buying a upo or a 4th generation 42mm, but i personal wouldnt mod them.

denz

thanks for the input. I think the watches look okay, but I am a total sucker for lume. from what i've read on the forums the ultimate version has a pretty good glow when they're charged up.

I wonder if anyone would want to buy these from me? Haha

yeah the older UPOs have preety good lume, better then the never ones, and the 4th generation 42 also.

yes and as Lanikai said only them and the new one :Jumpy: that comes take gen parts...

make a good price for them and put them i the sales corner, there is always a buyer..but not to me i have my upo allready... not on the wrist but this is a other story :whistling::rofl:

Depends what kinda engines you got.. like Deniz states, only the 4th generation PO will accept gen parts.. there will be another version being released in 3-4 months that will accept gen parts (42mm).

AC/Lani

Honestly speaking, I highly doubt I would ever get to the point where I would start swapping parts around. I would wear the watch as is(possibly having someone re-lume some key parts), I don't want to go too crazy making the rep look like a gen, considering I could get a used gen for around $1500.

I'm leaning a bit more towards keeping the 45mm version.

yeah the older UPOs have preety good lume, better then the never ones, and the 4th generation 42 also.

yes and as Lanikai said only them and the new one :Jumpy: that comes take gen parts...

make a good price for them and put them i the sales corner, there is always a buyer..but not to me i have my upo allready... not on the wrist but this is a other story :whistling::rofl:

LoL.... let me guess... it has something to do with the crystal? :)

LoL.... let me guess... it has something to do with the crystal? :)

no mate i still have my rep crystal in it and its not bad, of course not to compare with one of lankais ziggd crystals :thumbsupsmileyanim:

dsc06006t.jpg

dsc06015i.jpg

it has something to do with my watchmaker skills.................................

i have none :D so its at a service atm and im waiting for a important surgery but it dont arrived yet so... :wounded1:

but at the end it will be all fine i know that :D

denz

This is the genuine crystal.. it has a definite strong blue hue

the dial is also gen

upogenrep026.jpg

at different angles the hue will more apparent

upogenrep027.jpg

This also has a gen dial.. but with a Chief treated AR on the rep crystal.. the only gen thatcomes close to chiefs AR is the Ulysse Nadin's, chiefs has absolutely no reflection of light

upogenrep017.jpg

In full on direct light it will have a faint plume hue but in direct sunlight.. Nothing but dial

upogenrep018l.jpg

The Lume on the Gen is good.. not as good as the gen Panerai's.. and equal to Ziggy's

re-lume mods..

AC/Lani

$70 a piece? Sure they're worth keeping.

They're the same watch that you would buy for $120+ shipping from the "trusted vendors" with the asian 21J movement. I think I'll be best off taking everyone's advice and scoop up a UPO.