When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Speedy Moon quartz

opti

Hi Guys,

My dads birthday is coming up in a few weeks, and I know he loves the moonwatch. BUT this guy is extremely abusive on his watches, and he doesn't care for movements or any of that, as long as it looks right and operates he will be happy. So the quartz version is looking very appealing to me at the moment.

Does anyone have any experience with this version of the watch? If there are any pros and cons you guys can give me Id really appreciate it.

Cheers

Edited by opti

Check that thread: speedy quartz

I bought one of these too. It's a very good deal.

The question is: What kind of flaw you can't stand.

A Wrong subdial spacing or ticking hands?

I prefer an automatic one, the movement is a workhorse and the overall quality is good.

But I can't stand a wrong subdials spacing... so I bought the quartz...

The post by Antomarty references pretty much the sell on this watch. It creates a great looking watch using the quartz movement. If your dad doesn't care about the tick of the quartz...this is the best way to go.

Likely your dad wouldn't care about the wrong subdial spacing either...but the movement will be either a reliable manual wind or finicky |A7750 that will need immediate servicing.