When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Watch not Winding

zzipy

I bought Tag Link (non chrono) from Andrew around 15 months ago and that was my daily beater. It crapped out on me about 6 months ago at which point I opened the back to realize that it was not an ETA as listed on the web site. I wrote to Andrew and he immediately sent me another movement (which is also a clone). The new movement is day - date, while the watch is date only.

I waited for a few months to have the movement installed as I don't feel comfortable doing these things. I found a guy at a small watch shop here and he replaced the movement for me. I was there is the room all the while he did it (took him 25 minutes).

The watch will only run if I wind it. It does not behave like an automatic. Took it back to the guy who installed the movement and he said all he knows is to do simple things. Can't help me with the movement issues

What could be wrong? I want to get the watch repaired as I don't feel like spending 300 to buy a new one. What are my options? I am in CONUS.

Thanks all.

snap some pics of the movement.. is the rotor clear and free to spin. Shake the watch and listen to it to see if you can hear the movement around inside. If it is.. then I would probably send the watch to one of the modders to see if they can possibly fix it. Not sure about prices, but it might be worth it to get it fixed and SERVICED if it's a watch that you really like. My watchguy here in spain charges me about 70usd for a full service but that's a really good price.

good luck with it!

:victory:

This is the deal. The watch originally had 2824 , but I was sent a replacement of 2836 which is thicker and might be causing the problem :(

What movement, and where, can I buy to replace the 2836 with something that would be a 2824 replacement.

I am open to clones/seagull etc

Thx