When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A question regarding repairs

Marky1012

I purchased a PAM 243 and received it just before Christmas. 3 weeks later the lume dot on the Bezel fell off and is lost. I contacted the dealer who asked me to remind him on 3 February as he was off visiting the factories. I did this and a few days later the lume dot at 7 O'clock has come unstuck. I have not contacted the dealer about this as I suspect he won't be picking up emails until next week.

First question: Should I send the watch back to the dealer for a replacement? My thought are, probably not as it is something quite minor.

Second question: Should I ask the dealer to help with the costs of reattaching the lume dots? I'll be sending this off to Domi as I have - to quote the missus - fingers like pigs [censored].

Third question: If the dealer is unable to source the required bezel lume dot should I then be asking for a replacement?

The dealer has been great and this is not the first purchase from him. His comms are good and I have no reason to think he will do anything other than find the lume dot for me but I want to manage my expectations so your thoughts on these questions would be appreciated.

post-17527-126695902981_thumb.jpg

My personal take would be to have someone local do it. Even the shopping mall/battery and band style store should be able to do this.

Last time I had it done it cost me about $15

edit: sorry I misread (thought it was the dots on the dial) You should be able to do this yourself if haven't lost the parts. Otherwise the dealer may send them out, or may want the watch returned. Depends on the dealer really.