When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

AR in the EU - Domi?

OSRep

Hi everyone. Hope youre all well. I was just thinking about modding within the EU (ofcourse Domi / Domenico) comes up most often. Basically instead of having to ship the watch off to various different destinations (cost time and money) you could get all the work done (lume, AR, movement service / swap etc) in one location. I know we have the great Chief / Vac and The Zigmeister - but they have extremely busy schedules and are across the big pond......

So if anyones had work done within the EU (especially by Domenico / Domi) then please post here.......ESPECIALLY AR and possibly lume work.

Thanks in advance and best wishes.

OS

Hi everyone. Hope youre all well. I was just thinking about modding within the EU (ofcourse Domi / Domenico) comes up most often. Basically instead of having to ship the watch off to various different destinations (cost time and money) you could get all the work done (lume, AR, movement service / swap etc) in one location. I know we have the great Chief / Vac and The Zigmeister - but they have extremely busy schedules and are across the big pond......

So if anyones had work done within the EU (especially by Domenico / Domi) then please post here.......ESPECIALLY AR and possibly lume work.

Thanks in advance and best wishes.

OS

There are examples of Domis AR and Lume on the rolex forum under best watchmaker in europe

There arnt exactly many photos of his AR on that thread, maybe 3 tops, and only one shot of each watch which is kind of frustrating (I can take photos of my crystals with no AR from certain angles and see zero reflections).

Is sending a crystal to the US really that risky with customs? Its just a bit of glass. Plus cheif is much (much) cheaper ...

Edit:

By the way i'm not trying to talk him down, we're having an email conversation right now about some work. He is extremely fast at replying.

Although I agree Chiefs is cheaper you need to factor in Domi costs include removal from case and refitting and AR removal. In addition Domis turn around is 2 weeks without long lead in time whereas Chiefs has limited runs in a year with limited numbers, which have been reduced further recently in his last run.

Of course there are other options such as Rex, Taka etc

Domis AR is comparable to the chiefs earlier version which for me personally I prefer for the watches I collect. If I had IWCs B&Rs etc I would go with Chief

Yeah I guess the avalibitiy is the biggest issue. With Domi you wont have to hope to be able to get a spot in the next run.

From the conversation I've had with Domi though the costs for removing crystal, applying AR, and re-inserting crystal are much more expensive than the same 3 things with Cheif. I guess you get the AR stripping included with Domi and you dont with Cheif.

Yeah I guess the avalibitiy is the biggest issue. With Domi you wont have to hope to be able to get a spot in the next run.

From the conversation I've had with Domi though the costs for removing crystal, applying AR, and re-inserting crystal are much more expensive than the same 3 things with Cheif. I guess you get the AR stripping included with Domi and you dont with Cheif.

Chief wont break the case and movement. He will only accept empty case. So you need to add that cost in if you dont do it yourself.Plus you drop down the list and even off it if you want to send with case or with AR on it.

There are examples of Domis AR and Lume on the rolex forum under best watchmaker in europe

Hey pete, yes I know, I have seen that thread - but as metaljesus says below, there arent many examples.

There arnt exactly many photos of his AR on that thread, maybe 3 tops, and only one shot of each watch which is kind of frustrating (I can take photos of my crystals with no AR from certain angles and see zero reflections).

Is sending a crystal to the US really that risky with customs? Its just a bit of glass. Plus cheif is much (much) cheaper ...

Edit:

By the way i'm not trying to talk him down, we're having an email conversation right now about some work. He is extremely fast at replying.

HEY GUYYYYSSSSSS I DONT THINK WE ARE GETTING THE GIST OF THIS THREAD. THIS IS NOT A DEBATE ABOUT COST / A COMPARISON TO CHIEFS AMAZING AR / OR CUSTOMS ISSUES!! I STARTED THIS TO SEE EXAMPLES OF DOMIS WORK (SPECIFICALLY AR AND LUME) ONLY BECAUSE HE IS A REPUTABLE MODDER WITHIN THE EU, AND AS A MATTER OF CONVENIENCE GETTING ALL THE WORK DONE WITH DOMI (I.E. IN ONE LOCATION) :thumbsupsmileyanim:

THANK YOU :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I have 2 APs ARed by Domi,the crystal has no reflection at all,the only thing i noticed is that instead off the blue tint we see on Chiefs AR Domis has a bit of a yellow tint,but it i have no problem with that.Also hes Lume Job is very good.Bottom line with Domi you if you are in the EU you have your watch full modded and serviced in 3 weeks time.

I have 2 APs ARed by Domi,the crystal has no reflection at all,the only thing i noticed is that instead off the blue tint we see on Chiefs AR Domis has a bit of a yellow tint,but it i have no problem with that.Also hes Lume Job is very good.Bottom line with Domi you if you are in the EU you have your watch full modded and serviced in 3 weeks time.

I bet if you check out some of concepta's threads, where has has posted heavily modded IWC's, you will see a lot of Domi's work.

@ "1976": Thanks for the input mate.......well you see thats the reason I started this thread.....to see what the AR is like. :)

@ "vlydog": Good idea - forgot concepta gets alot of work done with Domi. The 3717 in that link looks really good....AR's pretty good too. Thanks.

@ "PeteM": thats just cheeky!!! :bangin: I wasnt throwing a tantrum - just trying to keep this ON TOPIC (IN CAPS) :p :p