When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM Case and Bezels - HELP!

OSRep

Hi guys, I have tried to search this (here and g****e).....its sort of trivial but I can not, for the love of me, find the answer.....So thought Id ask the experts. Its been bugging me for a while now......basically:

Are the case and bezel on a contemporary Luminor Marina model for eg, separate entities??? Or are they joined / constructed as a single mould? I mean.....So for eg, If I had a brushed case and polished bezel - would I be able to swap the bezel for a brushed one? :g: Or would this depend on the factory the rep comes from?

Any informed advice is fully appreciated. Thank you. :good:

OS

Every PAM I have handled had a separate case and bezel assembly, well all except a few that were DLC coated and the bezel was epoxied in place for some reason (it shouldn't be).

The bezel is either held in place with a compression ring (like the crystal) or it is snapped in place. Sometimes a case back knife can be used to pry it off, but I find that a bezel removal tool works much better, especially on the tighter ones, especially the snap in place ones...

Every PAM I have handled had a separate case and bezel assembly, well all except a few that were DLC coated and the bezel was epoxied in place for some reason (it shouldn't be).

Since many members associate DLC with my name, I wanted to make it clear that the zigmeister is not referring to cases that I've assembled (as I always use proper tools and techniques).

Your welcome.

If you do remove the bezel, keep in mind that installing it requires a crystal press and a large die, you'll never get it on by hand...

Im not planning on doing this work myself (as I dont have the tools yet)......But its still a great tip - thanks again Zig.

Reason I asked was, im thinking of a certain PAM model - but its in a full Ti case (which is wrong as the gen is fully brushed steel (case/bezel/CG/crown/back etc). Now, can get the brushed case/CG/crown/back etc - but the bezel is polished. So was thinking of getting it as is (with polished bezel) and looking for a brushed bezel later (so wanted to know how the cases are assembled and whether I could change the bezel).....and you and UBi have clarified that for me / us :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Since many members associate DLC with my name, I wanted to make it clear that the zigmeister is not referring to cases that I've assembled (as I always use proper tools and techniques).

Thanks for the clarification Avitt :thumbsupsmileyanim: