When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tag Carrera repair needed

Maldo76

I dropped my tag carrera from up high on cement floor. Incredibly the case and glass does not have a single scratch but the movement stopped is asia 7750. Ok I'm not an expert on the automatic movement but the pendulum seems fine, seems like something is loose inside. What are your suggestions for best way of fixing it? Locoal watchsmith is the hardest for me. Don't know any.

Try getting in touch with The Zigmeister or may Vac Maldo, they are the best on your side of the world!!

Hope you get it fixed mate, I love the Carreras!!

Sixx :bones:

Yeah is my fav. I'm waiting for the VC jublin to arrive and then send it. lol Its taken a while. But thanks, I will get in contact with them

Well from that description of the drop, most likely you have broken at the minimum the balance wheel. And there is probably more damage to the movement. The movement should be fully serviced so that it can be fully inspected, doing the servicing and replacing a broken balance wheel is going to cost over $200, probably $225 and up...depending on how many new parts you need replaced.

Movements and cement floors don't mix, it is most likely beyond economical repair...