When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How much for a 1570

Gorilladame

Hi guys!.

Collecting parts for my 1680 franken I was thinking if I might but a lot of money together to get the whole thing a gen 1570 movement.

So what do you think is a normal price for an old 1570 movement? Or to be correct 1575...

The other way would be a an old datejust with a 1570 movement to extract and sale the rest (Date Just Dial, Hands, Case, Bracelet, Crown, Crystal,...) here for some money, so that someone could but an ETA inside and have a nice vintage franken Date Just.

Would there be a demand for such a package? Would 200 - 300

Correct, the purchase of a vintage date just with the 1570 is the best way to go. You then recoup some of your money selling the rest of the watch. You might want to go ahead and put the eta in the case and sell it as a franken as you will net more money out of it.

I would think that a franken with the ETA in it would go for $500-$600 depending on the combo. I have seen the package deal, case, dial, band, etc go for as little as $250.