When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

AR where?

garygraphy

Personally I would keep it to inside especially given shape of crystal on watch in terms of possible damage to AR. But for starters just remove DSN blue AR it wil look ten times better.

Get a rex fiddy crystal as this has much less distortion than DSN neither are genlike but rexs looks nicer.

• 3 weeks later...

Personally I would keep it to inside especially given shape of crystal on watch in terms of possible damage to AR. But for starters just remove DSN blue AR it wil look ten times better.

Get a rex fiddy crystal as this has much less distortion than DSN neither are genlike but rexs looks nicer.

still quite new here... how can i get in contact with rex?

thanks for the recommendations!

I would agree with PeteM's recommendation to remove the blue DSN AR as step 1. After that, single AR is in the eye of the beholder. My own personal opinion is that it's roughly equivalent to no AR at all, i.e. it isn't very noticeable. So when people ask me privately, I always recommend saving their pennies as opposed paying for a very subtle mod like single AR. And, of course, double AR isn't correct per the gen so you'd have to decide to make it gen-like vs making the crystal disappear with double AR. Ultimately it's a matter of personal taste, and I'd say that I regularly see about two PAM 127 crystals per AR run. In my current run, there is only one Fiddy crystal getting double AR. So, a fairly small percentage of people prefer the un-gen-like look of the double AR.

I would agree with PeteM's recommendation to remove the blue DSN AR as step 1. After that, single AR is in the eye of the beholder. My own personal opinion is that it's roughly equivalent to no AR at all, i.e. it isn't very noticeable. So when people ask me privately, I always recommend saving their pennies as opposed paying for a very subtle mod like single AR. And, of course, double AR isn't correct per the gen so you'd have to decide to make it gen-like vs making the crystal disappear with double AR. Ultimately it's a matter of personal taste, and I'd say that I regularly see about two PAM 127 crystals per AR run. In my current run, there is only one Fiddy crystal getting double AR. So, a fairly small percentage of people prefer the un-gen-like look of the double AR.

thanks for the advice chief... i will be sending a 47mm dome sapphire when i can locate one.

thanks for the advice chief... i will be sending a 47mm dome sapphire when i can locate one.

Go to Rex on RG in modders forum. But be aware his crystals vary in quality not because of Rex but because of the normal rep isues with QA. Remember the gen crystal has a slight bluey/purpley AR tint that can be seen on the wrist. Some of the AR on Rexs can be quite accurate but generally better to remove.

I have a DSN crystal I had ARd by Domi and although I wont be using it now, as I have gen crystals, I can say it does help reduce the appearence of the distortion against the dial.

Apart from the AR and distortion the biggest tell on all of the rep crystals is the shape.