When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Movement for Breitling for Bentley Flying B Chronomat

Broker1981

Hi!

I purchased a Breitling for Bentley Flying B Chronomat from Josh a few weeks ago, and i'm really happy with it. However the movement has started to make noise when i wind it up by shaking my arm. It did not use to do so, and it sounds like it's grinding almost.

Is there anything that can be done about that? It is an Asia 7750 Valjoux movement.

Any advice would be appreciated! :)

with regards, Broker.

This has been discussed in the past in general. The A7750's by nature are loud...even gens. However, that being said...some are just louder than others. Sometimes servicing can make them silent...other times it can make them "less loud"...but there's no way to guarantee that doing "X" will actually make them as quiet as the quietest examples.

The issue from what I understand is QC on various productions runs of the rotor pieces (namely bearings and bearing surfaces). Get a good one, and it will be quiet. Get a loud one, and it won't be.

Some have made things quieter adding grease to the rotor...others have said that the rotor bearings according to ETA should only be oiled with Moebius 9010 and that thicker grease will affect the movement performance.

It's a rep...you can experiment...or, you can try Francisco's mod of replacing the rotor with a gen ETA part which will be silent...or the ETA bearing and nut assembly if you want to retain a decorated rotor.

Some have made things quieter adding grease to the rotor...others have said that the rotor bearings according to ETA should only be oiled with Moebius 9010 and that thicker grease will affect the movement performance.

It's a rep...you can experiment...or, you can try Francisco's mod of replacing the rotor with a gen ETA part which will be silent...or the ETA bearing and nut assembly if you want to retain a decorated rotor.

Thank you very much for the tips. The thing that puzzeled me was that it was quite quiet to begin with.

Also can you give me an indication as to what a mod like you suggested would cost?

Thank you! :)