When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tag Link Chrono Day-Date

ofgortens

Hey guys,

I am looking into getting the Tag Link Chrono Day Date but do not know how it compares to that of the standard Tag Link Chrono that By-Tor reviewed. According to the one that By-Tor reviewed, it is one of the best made Tag reps on the market today. I have been a fan of the day - date chrono that has the Tag Emblem plaque rather than just writing and the way the watch looks in general. I saw that Josh and Andrew both have the Black and White versions of the Day-Date but am just wanting to see someone's opinion of the piece that might have it or have seen it.

Thanks!

BTW: Here's a link from Josh's site of the black dial that I am looking at --> http://www.perfect-hour.com/tglk10002-link-chrono-daydate-ssss-black-a7750-chrono-p-6512.html

post-21565-126763853889_thumb.png

Hi guys,

I don't think it compares very well (accuracy wise). I recall this watch had many glaring flaws. It's also the reason why it hasn't sold a lot here.

Go for the older Link if you want an accurate rep. If you simply like the design and want the day-date I say go for it. Live a little, worry less.

Hi guys,

I don't think it compares very well (accuracy wise). I recall this watch had many glaring flaws. It's also the reason why it hasn't sold a lot here.

Go for the older Link if you want an accurate rep. If you simply like the design and want the day-date I say go for it. Live a little, worry less.

I went ahead and ordered it. I'll post some pics when it comes in :D

Got it in. It looks good from what I have seen. There are a few things which I notice on the piece.

1) The date font is not accurate compared to the gen.

2) The tag emblem / plaque is slightly rotated.

Other than that it is looks flawless compared to the gen. The current gen has a skeleten caseback and quick release bracelet I know... but those are minor.

1) The date font is not accurate compared to the gen.

Well, the old date font issue. Maybe is to difficult to chinese engineers just replicate a correct font type... Just swap to an original ETA datewheel.

2) The tag emblem / plaque is slightly rotated.

Hmm, bad. But probably bad assembly unity.

Other than that it is looks flawless compared to the gen. The current gen has a skeleten caseback and quick release bracelet I know... but those are minor.

When I compare pictures, the text showing the hour markers ( I mean the "ten, eleven, twelve") looks bigger in the Rep. Is this true?

Well, really thank for the info and please take some pics to post here, wrist shot include :)

cheers

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...