When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Big Pilot Strap Options

StormTooper4

I've recently acquired a BP5004 the grey dialled version. After eslix's posts of his pair of BP I'd had enough of sitting on the fence and look the plunge and I'm jolly glad I did. I seem to be pulling it off even with my puny wrists.

My hesitation was always supported by my dislike of Pilot straps. There I've said it..... I know it may be sacrilege to some but I justdon't get the rivets thing. What's that all about really?

Maybe I've been spoilt by the multitude of options in the strap area that Panerai can provide, but I'm have real difficulties coming up with strap alternatives for BPs that are not pilot straps.

I'm not flash with the cash right so a custom job from HK ain't an option.

I've found these from the watch boys they are a very good price but I'm concerned that the thickness or the lack of will not be a good look on the BP. The pilot strap is a good 5-6mm at the lug end and this one looks less than half that and wonder if this will look silly.

tziwcframebrownbuff_edited.JPG

So I was hoping that someone could post pictures on their BPs on non Pilot straps and let me know the source if possible.

I appreciate that this could evoke the wrath of the Pilot rivet diehards but I'd really appreciate some suggestions.

Cheers

ST4

I bought a brown buffalo pilot strap (with rivets) for my Hamilton Khaki X-wind from Steinhart.

http://www.steinhartwatches.de/index.php?id=67&Sel_ID=20&Sel_Cat_ID=1

They sell non-riveted straps, as well as good-quality sterile buckles (pre-v too).

When they sent it to me, they included a bar of Steinhart-branded chocolate, which was delicious.