When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Andrew's Seamaster Professional.

tf108

Have anyone bought from Andrew this Seamaster before? Can you guys comment on this SeamasteR?

http://www.trustywatchguy.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=35_66&products_id=26

From the pictures, the bezel colour looks abit lighter than the gen. Aside from the CGs and HE valve position, what is the mistakes of this rep?

Is the lume colour correct? How is the waves on the dial?

I'm planning to get this and Mary's SMP, then swap over the crystal, bracelet, bezel and dial to Mary's SMP.

Edited by tf108

• 2 weeks later...

I have the 21J version of this watch from Watch Eden on my wrist right now. Its a franken- the gen is blue dial and blue bezel, while the trusty/Watch Eden version is black dial with a blue bezel. AFAIK, there is no one making the correct blue dial on the Red Seamaster's right now (the white seamasters can be had in blue on blue however).

This is the one I was looking at:

http://www.trustywatchguy.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=35_66&products_id=1387

Are these two different gen models?

Yep. Aside from the fact as mentioned above that the gen is blue dial/blue bezel and the rep is black dial/ blue bezel, the gen you link to is the chronometer (mechanical) version, where the trusty rep you link to is of the quartz version of the same watch. Note that the red "Seamaster" on the chrono version is above the hands, while on the quartz version it is below the hands. The gen of the 300m quartz (which is what the trusty watch is closest to) is here:

Gen 300m Quartz