When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex Tudor Oyster prince 9101/1 Cvilian Ranger II

bristolmarc

Hi everyone!

Over the years I have been searching for an Oyster Quartz for some time as I have always felt it exhiibits true Gerald Genta Seventies design. Being budget concious I was looking for a project or a bragain! However whilst on ebay the other day I came accross a rare marvel, I was looking for a Tudor Ranger which as we all know, exhibits much of the design facets of the Expolorer.

Anyway by the by I came accross a Oyster Prince two tone which really confused me...after some research it turned out to be the civilian version of Ranger II and was in a very reare congiursation on gold bezel, which I believe to be real and gold plated centre links (one has light bubbling there fore no doubt on that one) The integrated bracelet is extremely solid with some nice chamfering on the edges. What intrigued me most was the use of the Oysterquartz crown, which is much lower profile than the standard oyster.

Also of interest in the dial configuration, which mimmics the 1530 oysterquartz with the exception of slightly higher lume markings, which sadly are now somewhat dull because of age. The bracelt is seriel numbered with deep clean engraving and the case has a model number engraved 9101/1, obviously the case back is signed rolex design. The clasp is rolex signed on interior and tudor shield signed on the top, which from my reseach appears spot on. I date this as a later example of this watch around the mid to late 1980's and for a watch of it's age it is in supurb condition with the lens almost unmarked and the braclet still very tight.

All in all I thought i'd see what you guys think of this very rare Tudor design, i'm chuffed with it and as far as keeping time goes the custom built Tudor 25 jewel ETA movement keeps excellent time gaining just 2 seconds a dat, far better than either of my rolexes!

I will try to post more pics...but please excuse the camera work as my macro sensor seems to have gone to lunch. Love to know any opinions or information regarding this awesome design!