When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Don't miss this film.

offshore

I just have come in from a preview of footage of the new James Cameron 3D film, "Sanctum"

It is still being filmed here on the Gold Coast....I was invited to spend some time comparing notes (as all good old time divers do) with the cast and crew, as I am one of the original cave divers in Australia.

This film is the story of a Cave Diving expedition gone wrong, and bears more than a passing resemblance to an expedition in the early 80's, in which the director, was involved.

Spent an amazing night..( its all filmed at night)

The 3D is hugely impressive, and a major effort has been put into making a thriller as factual as is possible.I am sitting here now absolutely blown away by what I have just seen.

A number of the actors, even some who had never dived before, did their own scenes. ( After much training of course)

It is being filmed in a huge tank with multiple sets, next door to where I live on the Coast.

So when it is released in the 2nd 1/2 of this year, I recommend most strongly, an early night at the flicks!

This one is something very special.

(Have also been given tickets to the Oz premiere, wherever, and whenever it is)

Look for this at a theatre near you!

O/S