When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

2893 PAM 029 hands needed!

Mickey Padge

Hello peeps! I need some advice please, I hope you guys can help! B)

Does anybody know where to get a set of hands for an old school 2893 based PAM GMT 029? I have my watch with Domi in Germany, and something has gone wrong with the hands black coating! (see picture below) The hands are superlumed, do you think the effected area could be re-painted, or would it be easier to find replacement hands?

dsc03931e.jpg

Any input and/or advice would be greatly appreciated! :)

Cheers!

I'm apparently not seeing what the problem is... Call me crazy.

Check the circled area, the black finish is missing, leaving a rusty finish. Maybe it can be carefully fixed with matte finish, black enamel paint? Smooth the effected area down lightly first, then apply paint? :)

I see it now... Thanks for adding the red circle. I'd say paint it matte black. It appears to be a small, somewhat hidden area of the bottom hand that isn't very visible anyhow.

Alternatively, I would suspect DSN has replacement hands for sale.

You know I forgot about DSN! I wonder if the hand size will be an issue with the ETA2893, as DSN uses modified 7750's for his watches?

I think a delicate re-paint may be the answer, just need to blend in with the hands colour :)

You know I forgot about DSN! I wonder if the hand size will be an issue with the ETA2893, as DSN uses modified 7750's for his watches?

I think a delicate re-paint may be the answer, just need to blend in with the hands colour :)

The paint shouldn't be a problem. Anyone who can do good lume jobs could competently paint the hands.

But DSN does have 2893 hands. He sells 2893 watches.

Interesting idea, although I am totality unsure of the process, would it not damage the hands? I think paint may be the answer, I have sent DSN an email too, just in case....

The paint shouldn't be a problem. Anyone who can do good lume jobs could competently paint the hands.

But DSN does have 2893 hands. He sells 2893 watches.

Good to know, it seems all is not lost! :D

Interesting idea, although I am totality unsure of the process, would it not damage the hands? I think paint may be the answer, I have sent DSN an email too, just in case....

Good to know, it seems all is not lost! :D

Not really, you just clean them with a little dish soap and toss them in for a few moments, pull them out, rinse with water, coat with oil over night (to cure) and clean them up come morning. Going to come down to what material the hands are made from.