When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My BR01-94 PVD Ltd with blue dial

tony2x

Hi everyone,

I'm pretty new to the boards (lurking for a while) and I managed to get some great advice here that led me to my first 'quality' rep purchase. I've been a B&R fan (with a Casio budget!) for a long time and picked up a pretty terrible BR01-94 from Shanghai a few years ago. It had no case back screws, poor spelling, , non-functional chrono, incorrect case dimensions and said BR03-94 on the front dial! It has stood up to use as my daily watch for the last couple of years. Then I went and visited a B&R AR to check out a gen and I realised what a terrible rep my first one was, so bad that I stopped wearing it!

Thanks to this site I found Mr Hont and purchased the aforementioned 01-94 from him after much research. He said it was made using a gen as a template and now I've got it I have to say it is a terrific rep. The movement keeps excellent time, the chrono functions perfectly and the overall quality seems great.

Here are some pics :-

808074373_NCBsT-M.jpg

808075088_r82uQ-M.jpg

808073742_c6X8Y-M.jpg

808075567_2R2xU-M.jpg

Apologies for the slightly rubbish pictures, my photography skills are only equalled by my ballet dancing ones!

Is there any lume on the hands of this rep? That's something that's been hard to find...I might make mine lume...

Yes there is lume but it isn't very good at all. I'm going to break it in for a month and then see if I can get it lumed up providing the thing doesn't fall apart (which I doubt it will). Overall i'm very happy with the quality of this rep, the only major tells I can see are the recessed date wheel and the blue on the hour hand is a shade darker than the minute one. That I can deal with at less than 10% of the gen price. :)