When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Glidelock Questions

panerai153

A previous post about bracelet clasp failures with the DSSD bracelet led me to wonder about the Glidelock on the GMT IIc

I'm sitting here looking at the bracelet on my GMT IIc Ceramic. It looks like there should be some adjustment in the clasp mechanism (Glidelock). I'm sure the purpose of the Glidelock in the genuine is to allow for a small amount of adjustment to compensate for normal changes in a wearer's arm.

For the life of me, I can't see where the Rep bracelet adjusts. Does anyone know the secret button to push, or any other means of adjustment?

Looking at this bracelet, It looks far more suseptible to failure than the older Fliplocks with the springbar holes in the clasp drilled all the way through.Maybe Rolex designers just couldn't stand the idea of their new bracelets having holes drilled through the clasp, but it sure is more comforting to know that you have a springbar going all the way through, rather than sitting in a small indent in the side of the clasp.

@jamesg

Thanks a lot for the correction and the information. I was looking at the other end of the clasp where it appears one section should telescope in and out, never looked at the other end! That is really a very simple and elegant way to take in or let out 5mm.

Cheers