When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

SuperOcean Heritage

marcl

Well I really need some help here. I've been researching this watch for ages and read some great stuff and comparisons between V1 and V2 (thanks krpster).

The problem is, where should I get it from? I know everyone has it so the question is, who would you buy from?

The dealer I normally get watches from answers my questions but, a bit like a politician would, so I'm not really getting the answers I want, like he's avoiding the questions a bit. (I'm not sure if Its right to name him so I didn't).

So who would you buy it from and be sure of a great watch?

I'm in the UK if that helps.

One last question if I may. The watch now has an optional ETA for about $50 extra. Is it worth it? Or would you stick with the Asian ETA?

Thanks in advance, Marc.

Well, without mentioning the dealer, he is supposed to QC the watches and service them. I know that because it say's so on his page in the dealer section, and because I have bought from him in the past. However when I asked 'Will the watch be serviced'?

His reply was:

'We do still do a QC on our watches and check if it still all runs good before sending.'

Not what I asked. So I tried again and the reply was:

'Yes we service most of the Swiss ETA watches and 7750s. However we don't service to much anymore as all watches have just been serviced and we get them new from the factories. We do the QC after to see if it all still runs correct.

WTF? we service most of them, but not much anymore :g:

So it says they QC And service the watches on his welcome page, but from the statement above I'm not sure they service any of them. :nea:

The problem is they are charging a premium for this service, so I was expecting the answer to be 'yes it will be serviced' otherwise what is the point of buying from them?

Kind regards. Marc.

Yeah I think you're right. It's not fair them saying they do though, and charging for it.

A lot of people say good things about Josh @ Perfectclones but I've only ever had experience with Eurotimez ;)

I'm not sure customs are a problem over here neither so I guess it doesn't matter who I use. I just thought I'd find out who people use and what they think.

I have emailed PT and he's seems on the ball so might give him a go.

Thanks deniz. Marc.

no problem marc, stay with joshua or pt, and you get what you pay fore ;)

and this is not only my humble oppinion :)

and i dont think that you would have costum problems with joshua..and of course none with pt cause he shipps from the uk

order it from one of them and you are fine

BUT we want to see pics :thumbsupsmileyanim:

None of the dealers service movements. Even if you buy it as an extra option (if your lucky theyll do a 'swish and dip'). There are zero problems buying from dealers who are not UK based, and you will get you watch much faster than the more expensive UK options. For the exact same product. The 'QC' by UK dealers is just a quick visual check, they wont regulate the movement or grease the seals or anything.

None of the dealers service movements. Even if you buy it as an extra option (if your lucky theyll do a 'swish and dip'). There are zero problems buying from dealers who are not UK based, and you will get you watch much faster than the more expensive UK options. For the exact same product. The 'QC' by UK dealers is just a quick visual check, they wont regulate the movement or grease the seals or anything.

Thanks Metal, I think you've hit the nail on the head, the UK is always more money for less product. That's just my experience here in Britain. As for the movements I guess it takes a while to do a proper service, so, why would they do it? Just think, in that case they should not claim to do so.

Whats your opinion on the Asian 2824? should I go for the ETA for $50, or is that another fib?

Kind regards. Marc.

that depens marc, that depens... i would go for a eta in such a cool watch like the soh, but as i said it depens :D what are you willing to spend and how do you will like this watch in real?

if the answers are, yeah dude i can spent a lot of bucks and man this will be my grail watch :D then buy the eta :rofl:

but i think you cant go wrong with the one or the other, and a serviced movement makes the difference ;)

that depens marc, that depens... i would go for a eta in such a cool watch like the soh, but as i said it depens :D what are you willing to spend and how do you will like this watch in real?

if the answers are, yeah dude i can spent a lot of bucks and man this will be my grail watch :D then buy the eta :rofl:

but i think you cant go wrong with the one or the other, and a serviced movement makes the difference ;)

I don't mind the extra $50, But what I don't want is to open it up and find a clone or an ETA that is new or what it should be. However I wont be a snob about it, if the Asian movement is almost as good then so be it, I'll have one of those.

I guess I'm asking all these question so I don't have any regrets in the future when I have the watch.

kind regards. Marc :good:

• 5 weeks later...

I don't mind the extra $50, But what I don't want is to open it up and find a clone or an ETA that is new or what it should be. However I wont be a snob about it, if the Asian movement is almost as good then so be it, I'll have one of those.

I guess I'm asking all these question so I don't have any regrets in the future when I have the watch.

kind regards. Marc :good:

Hi there, did you ever get this watch? im looking for one and im in the uk too and was wondering who you bought it from, which version you got and how much it cost. thanks, and i cnt wait to see your pics when it arrives .