When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

2010 DSSD? Is it a new version? or modding the Perfect Clone one?

Hi all, just new to here, well anyway was in the old forum thought.

I am now back to the market to look for a Rolex rep, the DSSD seems attracting a lot of heat nowadays.

Got a few "ultimate" and a V5-(v2) on the market, but I just found this one

http://www.kingshowbox.com/goods.php?id=4463

Seems they now do the mod for you, or it is just the Perfect clone one?

Any expert can give some idea based on the photo?

No doubt over $400 seems a bit too much for a rep.

Edited by 709394

Welcome to the forum. I don't think this is the same as the perfect clone DSSD. It actually looks more like the 2010 DSSD that ETZ has on their website. First the Original Gas Escape valve ring Lock System (OGEVRLS) on the Perfect clone watch is more correct, starts at 10 and ends at 2 also on the bottom of the ring, the K of Lock lines up with the 6 marker.The ETZ OGEVRLS is not correct, as the lettering begins slightly past the 10 marker and ends slightly before the 2 marker, not a lot but it is significant for the perfectionist.The DSSD from King looks to be the same, however neither King nor Perfect Clones has a head on shot that would allow you to see the lettering and it's positioning.

The Perfect Clone model has an incorrect "titanium" case back. Theirs has a step on the top where the outer case back fits, the King version as well as the ETZ versions have the correct non-stepped inner case back.

What is probably misleading is the descriptions from King and Perfect Clones are almost word for word. almost looks like one copied the others ad.

If you go to the three websites and look closely at the photos, you will see what I'm talking about. None of them are perfect. What one lacks another makes up for, but they all have their faults. I'm sure there are more subtle differences between them, but those are the two things that I picked up right away. Looking at all three, I would have to say the DSSD from Josh (Perfect Clones) is the best from the front. the incorrect case back will not be and issue, because when the outer ring is on and the case back are on the watch, you can't tell. I'm not recommending any of these over the other, that's your decision.

All of these in the 400 USD range have the "genuine" Swiss ETA 2836 movement. Get that one, don't fall for the overpriced and stupid "Rolex Clone" movement, It wouldn't fool anyone with a passing knowledge of Rolex movements.

Good Luck

• 2 weeks later...