When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

ebay replica breitling

mr mg

Hi team,

I found this when searching for a vintage breit. The listing hints at it being a rep; advertised as "silver watch (with Breitling written on the inside)". But still, I don't think anyone would pay $255 (current bid) for a broken rep... I emailed the guy to ask if it was real and where he bought it. He told me he wasn't sure, but it looks real to him. Said he got it from an auction :animal_rooster:

I have emailed ebay to report a fraud, but as usual, they are reluctant to act. I reported on Saturday and it is now Tuesday morning here. There is 3 three days left on the listing, so I'd appreciate some help in applying some pressure 8)

Here is the listing:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=310209651509&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Thanks in advance :drinks:

mg

Hi team,

I found this when searching for a vintage breit. The listing hints at it being a rep; advertised as "silver watch (with Breitling written on the inside)". But still, I don't think anyone would pay $255 (current bid) for a broken rep... I emailed the guy to ask if it was real and where he bought it. He told me he wasn't sure, but it looks real to him. Said he got it from an auction :animal_rooster:

I have emailed ebay to report a fraud, but as usual, they are reluctant to act. I reported on Saturday and it is now Tuesday morning here. There is 3 three days left on the listing, so I'd appreciate some help in applying some pressure 8)

Here is the listing:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=310209651509&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Thanks in advance :drinks:

mg

i think in this case most people would know it was a rep mate as its not been sold labelled as a breitling and the fact that the guy has put it on with no reserve and it has fake diamonds on it kind of gives it away.

I agree, most people would. But so far it is up to about $230 USD -with still 3 days to go. I don't think anyone would pay that for a beat-up rep, do you? We know what it should look like and the telling signs, but it's the few who don't that I would be worried for. Breitling is listed in the subject line, albeit in (brackets). Again, obvious to most, but it's the unexpetcing punter that I'm looking out for...

:victory:

I am surprised that eBay hasn't taken it down. Maybe they're waiting to see how high the price goes. Still I pity da fool who pays more than $10 aussie dollars for this fake. And it's not even a good one!

I put up a watch on eBay USA several years that was a Cartier Rondeau knockoff, but without any Cartier markings on it. I described it as "...like a Cartier watch..." or "...in the style of a Cartier Rondeau model..." along those lines and started the bidding at $20, which is about what it was worth. And eBay killed my auction and sent me a nasty stock scolding letter.

So go figure...

its unbelieveable hey. I've reported t 3 times and sent a generic email to ebay. Can you imagine being stoked that you've just won a Breitling watch for such a small amount, and then when you see it, realise youve paid $400 for a piece of [censored], low-quality rep that you could buy new from a dealer for $80...

poor bugger indeed!

thanks guys.

mg

I find all this "reporting" to be quite pathetic. If people are so stupid as to buy something for two bob thinking they are getting something genuine or authentic, then that is their problem. Hopefully they will only be "stung" once, but if not then they are downright stupid.

I think that anyone who buys and sells reps and then goes on to report something of this nature is a sad hypocrite. Our involvement in this hobby perpetuates this type of activity, so pull your head out of your [censored].

I find all this "reporting" to be quite pathetic. If people are so stupid as to buy something for two bob thinking they are getting something genuine or authentic, then that is their problem. Hopefully they will only be "stung" once, but if not then they are downright stupid.

I think that anyone who buys and sells reps and then goes on to report something of this nature is a sad hypocrite. Our involvement in this hobby perpetuates this type of activity, so pull your head out of your [censored].

The difference is.. is that we know we are buying a rep.