When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Hublot V1 Ice Bang bezel damaged

anics

Hi guys

I managed to scratch my V1 Ice Bang bezel pretty badly.

It'll polish out I think but I'll loose the grey pvd coating...

If anyone has one of these for sale or knows where I can get one please let me know.

I have put some feelers out with the dealers...

post-18710-126994931907_thumb.jpg

Thanks

A

This exact same thing happened to me several months back. You will NOT get a replacement bezel from the V1 factory. I begged every dealer. The V1 factory does not sell parts to anyone for any reason. No exceptions.

Two good options:

(1) The bezel is not PVD coated (according to Andrew anyway). I would try polishing it out and see what happens.

(2) If you can't polish the bezel you have, I would contact Hont. He has what is IMO an even better SS bezel with knurled sides. The color is lighter than the V1 bezel, and IMO closer to the gen in appearance. I've held three different gen Ice Bangs with tungsten bezels in my own hands, and IMO the V1 bezel is too dark. Hont's bezel is slightly lighter in color than the gen, but IMO much closer than the V1. Hont's bezel is also very cheap. Frankly, you can't go wrong with it.

Thanks man, appreciate it.

I tried polishing it out, it did a pretty good job and I think if I took it further it would be okay. Unfortunately they are PVD coated - the coating came and the bezel is just stainless steel (although I have to admit that it is a shade or two darker than the regular ss bezel - as a silver lining I put it on my regular SS big bang and it looks pretty good).

post-18710-127024747052_thumb.jpg

post-18710-127024750498_thumb.jpg

For now I have put a ceramic bezel on the ice bang, if I can't get the bezel sorted out then I'll fit a brushed ceramic and it'll just have to pass for a black Ice bang. However, like I said I have put some feelers out and may have a titanium bezel on the way. Failing that I'll try Hont.

post-18710-127024753568_thumb.jpg

I tried Eurotimez (who I got the watch from) but it's been a week or so now and haven't heard a peep!

I agree that the V1 bezel is too dark. I saw a couple of gens back in Jan and the bezel did look lighter. I am hoping that titanium may be the way forward...

Do you have Hont's bezel? If so did it fit okay?

Thanks once again...

Thank you too for the info and the revealing pics. I don't know why Andrew insists that it's not PVD coated. Perahps the coating is some other material?

The Hont bezel fits flawlessly. Get it. It's so cheap it's a no brainer, and it's better than the V1 anyway. In fact, get two of them just in case you need it later.

Do not even THINK about the titanium bezel. It's horrible. First off, it looks nothing like any gen bezel. Even more importantly, it's untreated titanium, which means it scratches VERY easily. You can mark it up with tissue paper. Trust me, it's garbage.

Okay. Thanks for the heads up!!

Re the PVD - no idea why they say it isn't coated, maybe just to sell it? It is a shade or two darker though, even when you polish the coating off...

Do you know what Hont lists the bezel as? Does it have a name or reference number that I can use when contacting him?

Can you remember the price?

Thanks once again...

A