When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Some bad luck lately!

Maldo76

First my Tag Carrera Sport gets dropped on the floor(cement) and dies on me..strangely enough not a single scratch on it. The I bought a VC Jubile SS a few weeks ago and stops on me as soon as I take it off and on my wrist (I think the seconds dial is stuck to the glass) that I just bought from Andrew. Only choice now is to ship it back airmail, lets see how much that will cost me.

So I'm down to my first REP a Montblank I bought over a 3 years ago from Andrew and has never given me a single problem.

Why Why????

Is there another simple solution?

Sorry to hear about the bad luck. The good news Is that your luck should get better. I bet your next rep will be close to perfect. It's the balance of nature In the rep world. :victory: Mike

Thanks Maxman, wish i caould find a local watchsmith I can have them serviced intead of having to mail it back to Andrew. And I loved the TAG, was my fav of my small collection.

Thanks Maxman, wish i caould find a local watchsmith I can have them serviced intead of having to mail it back to Andrew. And I loved the TAG, was my fav of my small collection.

To have a local watchmaker or watch repair person to work on are reps Is the very best scenario possable. It took me some time but I found a reasonably competent person to work on my reps. Just keep looking, you will find someone eventually, good luck :thumbsupsmileyanim: Mike

• 3 weeks later...

Foung a good watch repair guy where I live. Fixed both the VC and the TAG carrera. The VC had the hands on wrong, now works like a charm.. total cost to fix $10.00 and took him about 15min to fix. The TAG took him about 30min had some loose parts and hands but he fixed it, runs great, cost $20.00 I made friends with the guy nice to know I have someone here. Now I don't know about servicing the watch I don't think he is the guy for that but will find one soon.

Nice to have my TAG and VC back.

Foung a good watch repair guy where I live. Fixed both the VC and the TAG carrera. The VC had the hands on wrong, now works like a charm.. total cost to fix $10.00 and took him about 15min to fix. The TAG took him about 30min had some loose parts and hands but he fixed it, runs great, cost $20.00 I made friends with the guy nice to know I have someone here. Now I don't know about servicing the watch I don't think he is the guy for that but will find one soon.

Nice to have my TAG and VC back.

Congratz on finding someone to work on your watches. Having someone competent to work on are reps makes this hobby so much more enjoyable. But to find someone who can service are reps, well thats little more difficult to come by, but It Is possable. Im sure that you will find someone soon. :) Mike