When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Need help for you Rolex experts

AeroMike

I do not have any Rolex reps at all but yesterday when I was sitting at the doctors office, I was looking through a golf magazine and seen a full page ad for a Rolex Daytona that was black and orange or maybe black and red depending on how well the page was printed. Anyhow, I have a friend that owns a gen Rolex and he says that the real ones have a sweeping second hand and reps all have ticking second hands.

Are there any reps with gen like second hand movement and is there anyone that knows what watch I was looking at, I can not find it and I KNEW I should have swiped that page out of that mag! LOL

Thanks,

Mike

Edited by AeroMike

mike look at your breitling...and then at your second hand at the three o clock position, how dos your second hand moving??? i strongly think its sweeping :) right :victory:

i think your friend dos not know, that most of our reps use automatic movements with sweeping second hands of course, every automatic watch has a sweeping second hand... only quartz watches have a ticking second hand (look in you kitchen..and the watch on the wall, has for sure a ticking second hand.. right :D ) :thumbsupsmileyanim: .. so dont worry :thumbsupsmileyanim:

and for the rolex... go on the rolex website and im sure you find the watch there

all the best

Rolex has produced watches with varying amounts of "smoothness" to their sweep. To say that all replicas "tick" only shows that your friend has only seen "Canal Street" quality replicas. That's not a shot against your friend .. most people are unaware of high quality replicas.

To get back to my point, a vintage Rolex will have a certain about of jerk in the seconds hand and a more modern one will be more smooth. So point dis-proven there.

Lastly, if the movement you install in your replica is a quality, serviced 28.8k bph unit from Switzerland or China .. then it's going to be as smooth as any Rolex when it sweeps.

The things the general public think about reps are all due to someone they know purchasing a $20 Rolex from a street vendor while visiting a major city. It's going to be "too light", "ticking seconds hand" and "die in 2 weeks or less"