When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Identification and Part Assistance

leowyatt

I did the typical tourist thing whilst on holiday in Cyprus and bought a watch. Naivety on my part I just got it because I liked the look of it and after deciphering the back it seems it was a model OP 6609 and the front says Radiomir Panerai Black Seal.

frontzoh.jpg

rearm.jpg

Unfortunately I managed to detach the second hand, so took it into our local watch repair shop as I didn't have the confidence to try and re-seat it myself. Long story short he messed up that and eventually lost the top part so all I have now is a metal arm where the second hand should be.

I've been looking around at getting replacement parts and discovered this forum and after having a nose around in the tools & parts section I came across this thread and wondered if the "Pam dial, hands, auto 21Jmvt, spacerring 15 euro" would be suitable to just swap the face and hands?

Hi and welcome to RWG! If you start reading and researching here, you will learn a lot. For that particular watch...search PAM183 or Radiomir, and you'll find out a lot about the watch!

I believe the watch that you bought is a copy of a PAM183.......and Man, if it is???? IMHO, It's a bad one! :black_eye: Sorry!!! But we all did what you did, so it's just part of experience and learning process! Soon you'll be an expert! But read and research!

Hike

Hey,

Thanks for your reply :) It's good to finally find out what it is! I realise now it's not great which is why considering the missing second hand I'm wanting to change it and hopefully improve the look.

Do you think it's worth changing the dial as well as the hands while I'm at it? Do you think that part I linked to would work with what I've got as a base?

Honestly???? Give that to your child if you have one...or a nephew....and get yourself a descent rep! If you like that style, PM me and I'll help you find one! You will never find the right hands for that here! The movement is so wrong!

Hike

Never Bin it you never know when you will find that you need a part, the case, crown, crystal, strap bars, lug screws ect will all come in handy, in fact i bet there a people here looking for a lug, or lug screw.

Welcome to RWG

• 2 weeks later...